Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kinda Lacey And Pretty...For An Atomic Bomb Blast Lamp. Status: Light And Bright

DSCN4371

I picked this lamp up at the St. Charles Antique mall this summer in hopes that the shade might work with the rescued rocket lamp that I got in Kentucky. I have a hard time imagining the "end product" of a lot of things like painting a dresser or putting this shade on that lamp. I've always seen myself as creative, but I guess in a more hands on mechanical sort of way. Give me a bunch of stuff right in front of me and I can maybe combine it into something neat but separate those items into different stores and I have a hard time seeing them all together.


DSCN4367DSCN4366DSCN4368

So it was with this shade and the rocket lamp. I thought they might work together but I really couldn't

see them combined until I actually physically put them together. Mmmmm...it didn't work. It kinda

worked since it did actually fit and it looked kinda neat but in the end I just couldn't leave it. Good

thing too as that forced me to build the shade that I finally went with.

DSCN4369DSCN4370DSCN4372

That left me with this otherwise un-needed lamp. So I guess it'll end up on the ads when I get a

chance to put it on there. It works and it's pretty. I guess it kinda matches my chocolate lamp...oh

wait...I might not have ever introduced you to the chocolate lamp. Dunno. I'll put it in the livingroom

and give it a shot before letting it go

2 comments:

  1. cool shade and i thnk it looks perfect..and forgot to mention..i have always liked the effect ur wall creates in ur pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like that lamp a lot. The shape is cool, and the shade is unusual.

    ReplyDelete