Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Googie Kitchy Goodness Found At Random Hotel Furniture Liquidation Company. Status: Dumb Luck!

DSCN4445

So anybody need a cool retro Boomerang Formica kitchen table? It's not quite a dining table as it's kinda smallish and can't be expanded with leaves or anything. It would look great in a vintage modern kitchen though! Could it be the greatest place ever to eat your morning danish or bagel, drink your cup-o-joe and read that morning paper...or twitter or whatever? Yes.

DSCN4444DSCN4443

Just in case ya need to know how "kinda smallish" the table actually is. I need to do this for

everything I sell. I'm always getting asked for the dimensions of this or how big that is. I can't ever

remember asking a seller how big something is. I'd be too afraid it would sell while I was asking!

DSCN4442DSCN4441

Oh...oh my...look at that! Awesome! Super awesome boomerang Formica! And it's not all messed

up or stained or chipped or scratched up or anything. Well...the legs could use a new coat of paint

but that is such a tiny thing...but a small hurdle to supreme retro kitchen decor. If we didn't already

have an amazing chrome and red cracked ice Fomica retro kitchen table I'd be keeping this for

sure.

DSCN4446DSCN4439

I know that the seafoam blue / green boomerang Formica is called Skylark but I don't know what

the this one, with it's pink and gray boomerangs, is called. Any Formica experts out there?

DSCN4440DSCN4447

8 comments:

  1. Oh my if only I lived closer, I would take that off your hands. Of course I would also need a place to put it...and that is always the hard part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I finally figured out how to respond to your posts! Guess I needed to be properly inspired. I am the lady you met at the estate sale in Belleville (who bought the toilet seat). I was hoping I hadn't lost all credibility with the "mushroom" sofa that was really a "marshmallow" sofa.
    If you want to sell that table, I have its mate and would love to buy it from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hotrodhuny - Mushroom sofa! That was pretty funny. Hit me up through one of my craigslist ads and we can talk via e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent an email to you through your Craigslist ad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's called white skylark (skylark is the style rather than color)

    ReplyDelete