Friday, August 31, 2012

Wow, I've Been Off Work For Two Days And Have Mostly Struck Out At The Thrifts BOTH Days! So Here's Something Completely Different For Ya. Status: Drought.

DSCN1653

Two whole days of hunting and gathering...and for the most part, this one little rocks glass is all I have to show for it. I only picked it up because I thought I might find the rest at another thrift nearby. Hey, it happens a lot 'round here. It's weird. But anyway, there's rain on the horizon for St. Louis...hopefully it'll end my Thrifting Dry Spell as well! Until then, John (John who?) sent me a link to a very funny and super funky video on YouTube. It's so good that, even though there's copious cursing (WARNING - Lewd and Explicit Lyrics Inside!!!) I just had to share with ya. Don't watch if you are easily offended!




I had to watch it a couple of times to catch most of the lyrics but, other than the "F" bombs and such, I think a lot of us can relate and have a good laugh...at ourselves!

15 comments:

  1. Man! That video just made my morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phillip.

      Good vid. for a Friday morning and a proper kick for your weekend, eh?!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi AlliT.

      Me Too! Plus it's hard enough to catch all of it in just one listen, so it's worth watching a couple times.

      Delete
  3. Hey...I no longer do mall shopping. More fun at Saver's and Salvations! I find the BEST stuff....cheap! Loved the video!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi RetroSandie.

      It's like they read our minds and stuff!

      Delete
  4. That video was flippin sweet! Looked like they were sitting on some Eames chairs with the Eiffel base too, BONUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachael.

      I think this might be the thrift picker anthem.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi Johnny!

      You sir...are awesome! Thanks for sending me that link. Made my day! And apparently others as well! Good job!

      Delete
  6. OMG I love that video..."Is that your Grandma's coat?"
    "I bought a broken keyboard" haha...I'm pretty sure there is a broken keyboard in every single thrift store in the US, along with at least one hardback copy of "Hannibal"!
    Thanks so much for sharing this!
    xoxo
    www.vintageadvantage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dina.

      ...and every thrift store MUST possess at least One copy ON VINYL of Herb Alperts Tiguana Brass - Going Places or Whipped Cream & Other Delights. I can't believe these guys didn't incorporate that into the song!

      Delete
  7. Hey Mr Mod. I think that i might have the rest of that drinking glass set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick.

      It's like Starglow or something, right? It's yours if you want it. I just grabbed it so as not to feel stupid if I spotted the other 3 or 5 at the other thrift nearby.

      Delete
    2. I sat there for a few minutes trying to figure out if those were supposed to be snowflakes or atomic starbursts. Glad to know that they're the latter. I'd have felt awful silly if I'd paired my Jamaica bay with festive holiday glasses.

      Delete