Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mix a Little Elbow Grease, a rag and some Antique Finish Restorer...and you get another Before & After! Status: Better but not finished yet.

DSCN7988
Before

I picked this little table up at the same time I acquired the four "pod" chairs in Belleville.  It was cheap and I thought I might be able to do something with it.  Problem is, I'm me.

DSCN8011
After

DSCN7989DSCN8013DSCN7991DSCN8015

And my well known, heavily documented weakness is getting a project done...well...started even.

DSCN7995DSCN8017DSCN7992DSCN8016

I bought this can of Antique Finish Restorer thinking I was going to refinish my Russel Wright dining table and chairs. But I thought I might want to try it out on something a bit less precious. So I bought a cool looking drop leaf table...that now that I think of it, looks like it could be a match to this little guy...hmmm, uh anyway...a drop leaf table to practice on. Guess what, it's still waiting for that. But, I thought I would try out the Finish Restorer on a Danish wood and brass lamp the other day and it turned out so nice that I wish I had taken some Before pics! That lead to these pics. But it's not really done. I just used a rag instead of the recommended Steel Wool. I looked all over and couldn't find it. So I'll give it another buffing when I do and see if the finish evens out. So the drop leaf is next on the agenda!

No comments:

Post a Comment