Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Brasilia Collection - Another obsession. Status: Unavailable.

Broyhill Brasilia Bedroom 04





This all started when my girlfriend bought and moved into this 1965 Ranch...


SSPX2011

I had been collecting mostly Fifties vintage modern stuff and had only a few pieces

of Sixties modern or danish modern. So we needed a formal dining room set, you

know...for the formal dining room! Gotta fill it with SOMETHING! We looked around

for a while and couldn't really settle on anything we had seen floating around on

C-list. I had seen some info on this Broyhill Brasilia stuff on the

Retrorenovation.com site a while back so I decided to show her that.

Brasilia Dining Set

I myself wasn't too fond of it (YET!), but I had never really had a reason to

consider it before. After a few moments of perusal, we both agreed that it would

suit the house better than just about anything we had found thus far.

sold SSPX1960

Within a week she was texting me from the Salvation Army thrift store. Her- "Found

what might be Brasilia dresser." Me- "send me a pic." Yup, a nice long low nine

drawer dresser. She got it for like $13 or something stupid cheap like that. It's the

dresser we still use today. I've since gone through 4 others. To make a long story

short, within a month we had the bed, night stand, complete dining suite, another

night stand and a whole lot of extras to get rid of.

DSCN8185

As of tomorrow I won't have even one piece of Brasilia available. That is saying

something as I've gone through two bedrooms and two dining rooms!

Sold DSCN6790

2 comments:

  1. It's great stuff. We have a complete bedroom set, dining room set and 2 additional bedroom pieces in our kids' nursery. In perfecting our collection I also bought and sold 4 single back chairs, the square table, a Saga or Sculptra larger table and china cabinet and a beat up Brasilia china cabinet. I am done now... unless I find the lingerie chest. I want that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that these pieces are desired enough that you can do enough horse trading to furnish your home Brasilia and have it pay for itself!

    ReplyDelete