Sunday, September 5, 2010

A couple of new Ladies in my life! Shhhh...Don't Tell My Girlfriend! Status: Soooo Unavailable

DSCN7575

I met a couple of lovely ladies on C-list today, decided I should bring 'em home!
DSCN7586DSCN7591DSCN7576

What a SCORE this weekend! I have only just gotten them home and cleaned up a little so I don't even know if they work, but I had to have them. $200 put them in the garage. A few years ago I had seen just a Pink Lady Kenmore Dryer on C-list just before our summer vacation. I had contacted the seller and while neither of us seemed to have any idea what it might be worth, I offered $175...for just a dryer! Well, I got to thinking about the fact that we were headed to Texas (South Padre Isle) and would be headed to the GIANT (can't stress that enough) Canton TX Flea Market and might need the extra cash there. So I backed out of the deal and hoped that it might still be available when my finances recovered. Eh, I missed out. It was shipped off to CA I later learned. Well, of course that settled it. I would have my vintage washer and dryer....someday. Today, my friends, is that day!

According to the seller, these are 1957s. I haven't done any research of my own yet. Yes, they are pink! More Pink...I KNOW! My heterosexuality is under serious scrutiny these days. I guess I'll have to sit and watch a football game or something this weekend. It is football season, right?

UPDATE! Ah ha! They are '59s! I finally found a pic of another on Automaticwasher.org.


Pic of '59 Lady Kenmore on Automaticwasher.org

3 comments:

  1. They are a lovely pair, aren't they! They aren't 57's. I'm thinking a little later, maybe 59's. But they are in amazing condition for being 50 years old. So they have a few years on them, they KNOW what they are doing...especially in the laundry room! AND they're twins! Doesn't every guy have a twins fantasy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these! So so so cute. I can't get over it - wish I had these!

    ReplyDelete