Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sigh...The Ongoing Saga Of The Rocket Lamp Rescue. Status: Made In The Shade!

DSCN4049

I think I may have solved my "My Rocket Lamp Wants For An Appropriate Shade" problem! I was poking around the Garage, looking for a project to occupy my afternoon and one thing led to another.
I was hoping to share another brilliant estate sale big game hunt with you from this morning, having

gotten only a few hours sleep and arrived more than 3 hours early, but alas...I myself "scored" just a

little basement swag. Being third sucks. First and Second scored all over us! Well deserved scores.

They showed up way earlier then us. So I went home and took a nap. When I got up I felt like I

needed to accomplish Something!

DSCN4051

I had been kicking around making a pair of lamp shades like this for the pair of rocket lamps I have

in the bedroom
before I found their lampshades. I was going to make them larger to fit around the

outside of the spires though. I think this ended up looking much better than that would have. It

almost looks like it was meant to be!

DSCN4050DSCN4053
DSCN4054DSCN4052

I found a rattan roll up shade at the thrift store for a couple bucks and gave it the knife. I made a

couple of hoop supports fashioned out of metal hangers. I attached the hoops with some clear

sewing thread. It took a couple hours but it was a couple hours well spent. It's not perfect and I may

disassemble it to make some minor tweaks but I think it looks great! Not too shabby for my first

attempt. I just need to fashion a diffuser of some sort for the bulb.

9 comments:

  1. Great job to the "MacGyver" of MCM rescue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the lamp shade! That's a really coll idea for a missing lamp shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I agree being third in line sucks...I was third as well this weekend....bummer. Love the made shade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the shade looks fab! Great job =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could line the shade with some non-flammable thin material - that would take care of diffusing the light. Great job on that. Am I going to see this up for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this lamp on Up All Night on NBC tonight. I was so excited!

    ReplyDelete