Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Finally...whew...symmetry! The Danish Lamps and their long awaited Shades! Status: together at last - Going Way Back.

DSCN8185

I snatched the lamps up from a Craigslist ad about 8 or 9 months ago for cheap, problem is...they had no shades.

DSCN8187

So like, yeah...these lamps were killing me. Just take a moment and try...TRY, I Dare you!, to

find a matching set of lampshade that would go with these lamps! Yeah, they ain't no where. I

spotted a set of lamps with cool shades about 275 miles south of here on the Springfield Mo.

Craigslist. I just couldn't pull the trigger on THAT roadtrip. Then my buddy found a set on some

"ugly" lamps at a local thrift store and he snatched them up for like $15. Dag. Well, I had a

good month a while back and offered him $150...yes, One Hundred and Fifty Dollars, U.S. for

those lampshades. Denied. No Sale. Can you Imagine! Dag.

DSCN8190

Then I found a set of lamps with these shades on Craigslist here in StL. a few weeks ago for

just $90! Cha Ching...Sold. I had even gone over to TFA (The Future Antiques)and Retro 101

ready to drop some bank if they happened to have a matched set. No luck there, or at any of

the antique malls...or anywhere...

Like I said..."Finally!"

Oh yeah, rearranged the bed to a less dramatic angle. I kept bumping myself on my

nightstand. Since I have glass tops, I had finally cut myself one too many times. Now I need a

bench at the end of the bed. I have a bunch of hairpin legs, maybe I'll build something...

yeah...that's gonna happen. Right after I paint those nicotine colored walls...sigh.

Originally posted: Friday, October 1, 2010.

5 comments:

  1. Great shades! The lamps look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of these shades that I found in a thrift store for $2.50. Still looking for a second

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man that's great! Something must be in the air, I just completed my Broyhill Brasilia bedroom set yesterday! (I found the missing "Commode" that I wanted for a nightstand!

    http://retroranchrevamp.com/2011/07/12/craigslist-furniture-score-you-complete-me/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh don't you LOVE it when things come together? I tell ya, I have turned down the coolest lamps, all because of the missing shade. Maybe I should be patient like you, and buy the lamp, and keep the hunt going like you did. LOVE your posts. No Mid Cent stuff here in KC, I tell ya, slim pickins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lamps are beyond gorgeous and the shades are amazing! It pays to be patient! I really love your blog and read it every day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete