Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Finally...whew...symmetry! The Danish Lamps and their long awaited Shades! Status: together at last - Going Way Back.

DSCN8185

I snatched the lamps up from a Craigslist ad about 8 or 9 months ago for cheap, problem is...they had no shades.

DSCN8187

So like, yeah...these lamps were killing me. Just take a moment and try...TRY, I Dare you!, to

find a matching set of lampshade that would go with these lamps! Yeah, they ain't no where. I

spotted a set of lamps with cool shades about 275 miles south of here on the Springfield Mo.

Craigslist. I just couldn't pull the trigger on THAT roadtrip. Then my buddy found a set on some

"ugly" lamps at a local thrift store and he snatched them up for like $15. Dag. Well, I had a

good month a while back and offered him $150...yes, One Hundred and Fifty Dollars, U.S. for

those lampshades. Denied. No Sale. Can you Imagine! Dag.

DSCN8190

Then I found a set of lamps with these shades on Craigslist here in StL. a few weeks ago for

just $90! Cha Ching...Sold. I had even gone over to TFA (The Future Antiques)and Retro 101

ready to drop some bank if they happened to have a matched set. No luck there, or at any of

the antique malls...or anywhere...

Like I said..."Finally!"

Oh yeah, rearranged the bed to a less dramatic angle. I kept bumping myself on my

nightstand. Since I have glass tops, I had finally cut myself one too many times. Now I need a

bench at the end of the bed. I have a bunch of hairpin legs, maybe I'll build something...

yeah...that's gonna happen. Right after I paint those nicotine colored walls...sigh.

Originally posted: Friday, October 1, 2010.

5 comments:

  1. Great shades! The lamps look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of these shades that I found in a thrift store for $2.50. Still looking for a second

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man that's great! Something must be in the air, I just completed my Broyhill Brasilia bedroom set yesterday! (I found the missing "Commode" that I wanted for a nightstand!

    http://retroranchrevamp.com/2011/07/12/craigslist-furniture-score-you-complete-me/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh don't you LOVE it when things come together? I tell ya, I have turned down the coolest lamps, all because of the missing shade. Maybe I should be patient like you, and buy the lamp, and keep the hunt going like you did. LOVE your posts. No Mid Cent stuff here in KC, I tell ya, slim pickins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lamps are beyond gorgeous and the shades are amazing! It pays to be patient! I really love your blog and read it every day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete