Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Before And After Time! Eh, Just Some Pics Of The New Sofa In The Spare Bedroom Really. Status: Full Day's Project - Going Way Back

DSCN9223

Guest Bedroom - Big Brown "Sectional" & Polished Stone Mosaic Table

Top is After, Bottom is Before. It took me all day to get the two "old" sofas and bookcase out of here and the two "new" sofas and bookcase in. That bookcase barely made it through the door...and barely fits!

DSCN9215DSCN9216

Guest Bedroom - Mersman End Table & Hollywood Regency Style Table LampGuest Bedroom - Velvet Matador Paintings, "OEM" Antique Car Curtains & uh, Bookshelf

These Brown set is now up for grabs. Be it known that there is a hole in the middle

left surface of the "long" end. I've been looking for the appropriate fabric panels to

replace both seating surfaces so that there are no holes and they match.

DSCN9213DSCN9214

DSCN9217

I have another matching Bookcase like this one in the Garage. It needs some

cosmetic attention but is super well built. When I get the rough spots smoothed

out, it too will be made available. I was hoping to be able to use it as a place to put

my TV next to our REAL fireplace in the family room but it's about an inch too

wide. Dag. They were found on Craigslist a while back and have been languishing

out in the garage all summer. I had to bring them home One at a time in the back

of Frank (the Focus Wagon). These and the "new" sofas (Both at once!) are some

of the few items that I couldn't fit in the back of Frank AND close the hatch.

Frank is so awesome!

DSCN9219DSCN9218DSCN9220


Originally posted: Friday, November 26, 2010.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I'm bustin at the seams with jealousy! Love this couch and fabric. Great looking room with all the details. A step back in time for sure. LOVE this look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic and I love that mosaic coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog. Check it daily.

    I am coming into possession of a few pieces of MCM furniture which I think are quite nice. I can't keep it all and would like to see it go to a good home. I'll put an ad on Craiglist but do you recommend any other place to get the word out? Thanks for any input you can provide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I think the floral fabric on your "After" back cushions is a different colorway of the very same fabric I bought a bolt of at a thrift store! I am still dreaming of having a vintage chair and ottoman recovered with it - some day. Can you tell me anything about your fabric??

    ReplyDelete