Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm Back! Sorry To Have Left Ya For So Long With The Re-Runs. Vacations Have To Be Had. Status: Back And Relaxed!

DSCN3532

Myrtle Beach South Carolina. This is a great place to spend a week splashing in the waves. But one of the best parts happens after dark.

Get yer mind out of the gutter! It's the amusement park. I am such a sucker for carnivals. All

those lights and sounds...people having nothing but a good time. Cotton candy and corn dogs.

It all builds such a sense of nostalgia in me. I just love them.

DSCN3392DSCN3446

1DSCN34751

2DSCN34742

3DSCN34733

So yeah, there's no danish chairs or retro lamps in this post.  I'm just saying hi again and

letting ya know where I was.  We had a great two week roadtrip vacation that was centered

around spending a week in Myrtle Beach.  The place is kind of a time capsule with the vintage

motels and kitschy boardwalk. 

DSCN3450DSCN3465

DSCN3453DSCN3454

DSCN3419DSCN3430

DSCN3432DSCN3427


It's cheap too.  I think our room at the Waikiki Village was less than $75 a night and was nice

and clean with a pool / hot tub.  We even had a couple of gas grills right outside our door which

I used to cook us dinner two times further saving us some dough.  Nice dinners too I must say! 

Porterhouse steaks one night and giant thick cut pork chops another.  Good thing about good

cuts...even a monkey like me can cook them right pretty easily! 

DSCN3401DSCN3398

DSCN3377DSCN3381

We didn't ride any of these rides but there is a GIANT new Ferris wheel north of here about a

mile that we did ride on.  It's so tall that you look out and slightly down on the parasailers

beyond the shore.  It's also air-conditioned!  Sweet.  We tried to do a little vintage retro

shopping but didn't fair so well.  There seem to be plenty of thrift stores and some antique

malls but we just couldn't seem to score.  I did spot a nice Lane Acclaim end table at a thrift

store but really...do I need to bring ANOTHER Lane Acclaim piece Back to St. Louis? And

anyway, we did manage to score in lots of other unlikely places. Don't you worry, Mr. Modtomic

got his shop on! Wait and see.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! Can't wait to see what you have to share from your travels to and from Myrtle Beach. Myrtle Beach is a sweet little place, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time. Now show us the goods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Your photos are wonderful, it sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete