Friday, July 15, 2011

Overman Pod chair. Modtomic loved...Cat approved. Status: Gone to New Orleans - Going Way Back.

DSCN8296

Just picked this up yesterday (Craigslist) and looks like Kennedy (the Cold War kittie) has already staked his claim. It was already covered in some kind of animal hair so I'm letting him have his way with it for the moment.


DSCN8286Overman Pod Chair 03Overman Pod Chair 02Overman Pod Chair 06

The arms are a little faded and if I can't find a new home for it I may just keep it and fashion

some covers for the arms. I have another Overman pod chair in blue out in the garage but it

was made in Sweden, where as this one was made in Knoxville TN. Hmmm. Might do a little

research later on this. The blue one needs to be re-upholstered as there are some half dollar

size holes in its fabric. This one just needs to be de-haired with some packing tape. I got most

of it off before taking pics but it still needs more attention. These chairs are AMAZINGLY light

weight. I think the construction of the chair "body" is made of the kind of foam they make those

styrofoam cups from. It's solid but very light.

Overman Pod Chair 01Overman Pod Chair 08Overman Pod Chair 07Overman Pod Chair 04

Has anybody ever "Re-dyed" upholdery before? I'm thinking I might be able to get the fabric off

pretty easily, re-dye it and put it back on. Whatcha' think? I'm open to suggestions.

Status Update: Re-Homed to New Orleans!

Originally posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen where someone, on some blog, painted some kind of fabric, on some chair, with some kind of fabric paint. No removing fabric necessary. Hope this helps....even if it is too late for this fab chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this chair so much. I must find one! It's going at the top of my "Miracle Finds" list!

    ReplyDelete