Saturday, July 16, 2011

What a Picture Perfect Day here in St. Louis! Glad I have so many Cameras! Status: how do I hook these to my computer - Going Way Back.

DSCN8429

The last time I dropped some pics here of my "Proto" camera collection I said that I needed a camera that fits between a piece from the 1940s and the 1970s. I found a couple at the Wentzville Flea Mkt. a few weeks ago that fit the bill.

DSCN8430DSCN8437DSCN8435

I think the Browny "Starmeter" fits nicely between those eras as they were made

from 1960 to 1965. That covers the Sixties pretty nicely! Both this camera

and the other Brownie I bought use 127 film which I believe is still available

though only from a handful of manufacturers. Eh, it ain't like I'm buying these

to shoot pics or anything.

DSCN8431DSCN8434DSCN8433

The Brownie 127 (First Edition) was produced from 1952 through 1959. That, I'm

thinking, takes care of the Fifties! It was produced in the UK and, as imported

to the US, was badged as a Brownie Starlet. Mine may be a UK market and

brought home from a vacationer or soldier as it isn't marked "Starlet". It's kinda

funny how some items made of Bakelite cost so much but then you can pick up a

camera like this for just a couple bucks at the Flea Mkt!

Originally posted: Monday, October 18, 2010.

1 comment: