Monday, July 25, 2011

It Was Soooo Warm And Sunny Yesterday That I Thought For Sure I'd Be Grilling Out Today. Status: Bbbbbrrrrrrrrr, It Got Cold Out Again! - Going Way Back.

DSCN1319

Oh what a tease.  The weather can be a cruel mistress.  Warm on Friday (when everybody else was off at work!) and Saturday (I at least had that day off!) but right back to cold and cloudy Sunday.  As a matter of fact, it just started snowing.  Yuck.  No BBQ today.


But I still wanted to show off the Cherry Red Weber I got a few weeks ago at an

estate sale. It's just so sweet. It looks almost new. Check out the real wood handle

on the lid. You won't find this on a new grill down at the hardware store. The

wheels are metal too. The handles on the side are different. The new ones are

just a bent piece of metal with plastic handles bolted on. These are formed and

welded handles. They might get hot but they look much more sculpted and

beautiful.

DSCN1318DSCN1328

Yeah, I of course got a protective cover for it! Even though I keep it in the garage.

DSCN1320DSCN1321

Details...details...details

DSCN1322DSCN1324

It's in such great shape that it looks like a year old reproduction...if they made

reproductions! Speaking of year old Weber Kettles, I'd love to find a lightly used

bright green Weber that Crate and Barrel sold last year. I have one of the Smokey

Joe little kettles in that color but balked at the price of the big one.

DSCN1325DSCN1326

I, by the way, have not cleaned this at all. This is what it looked like when I bought

it! The sellers at the estate sale said it had only been used twice!

Originally posted: Monday, March 14, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment