Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ah...the Thayer Coggin is Home. I Finally Got Off My Lazy Bum and Put It In It's Place. Status: Oh...Ooohhhhh So Comfortable - Going Way Back

DSCN0823

Having finally let go of the Console Stereo, I was able to move the Thayer Coggin sofa out of the MIDDLE of the livingroom / lounge and USE it! And OMG, this ain't like the other two sofas...this is the Luxury Sofa. Ever seen the movie Buffalo 66? "I'm used to Luxury Cars...have you ever heard of a Luxury Car, you know what Luxury means? Have you ever heard of Cadillac? Cadillac Eldorado? That's what I drive. I drive cars that Shift themselves." 14 minutes into the movie and it's one of the funniest, most "look at how much of a jerk I am" scenes ever. No "Shifter" cars for me, I drive a "Luxury" wagon!

And this is a Luxury sofa! One does not sit on this sofa, one is ensconced by this

sofa! I swear, you'd never know it to look at it but you sink about 6 inches into this

when you sit. I'm still not too thrilled with the coolness of leather in the winter, but

the Luxury can not be denied! If it were a car, it'd be a Cadillac Eldorado....that

shifts itself.

DSCN0830DSCN0828

DSCN0821DSCN0831

Come this Spring when things warm up (we get a terrible draft through the house

when it gets Really cold out...and it has been Really cold this winter!) this is going

in front of the TV...and so am I. I'll probably even watch some baseball (Mr. Mod =

not a sports fan) as long as I can do it in Luxury.

DSCN0826DSCN0829

DSCN0820

Speaking of Movies...I was wondering what movies you's all like specifically for

the sets. Like, we all like Mad Men for the sets. What movies do you dig like that?

One of my favorites is Hollywoodland. There's some great furnishings in that

movie!

Originally posted: Wednesday, February 9, 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going today to see the exact same model! Supposedly good condition. What you think a good price would be? Also were you able to confirm that it's in fact a Milo B?

    ReplyDelete