Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The other Predictas. This is a Holiday and a Princess. The Princess works fine besides the screen gank. Status: Wanting for the gentle hands of a TV Technician - Going Way Back.

DSCN7750

Yeah, the Princess works great except the picture, like my other Predicta, is kinda squished. The Holiday pictured here was supposed to work.

DSCN7752DSCN7751

See a short video of the Princess in use by clicking below!


The seller said it (the Holiday) works and while powering up (tubes take a little time to "warm

up") the screen started to come to life, but some light smoke and the acrid smell of overheating

wire insulation started to come out of the back. I pulled the plug pretty quickly. I don't think

anything too bad happened. I need to find me an old TV guy who can work on these. Anyone

know of a REPUTABLE service man in or near North County who can work on these? I have

another Princess out in the garage but it's in parts. I was told that it worked as well but the

seller had rented it to a movie studio who sent it back to her in less than perfect condition. I

think I can save it! Somebody has to show some love to these guys.

Originally Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those Predictas are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To die for! I love love love Predictas but have yet to come across one. The day I see one I'll snatch it up for sure!

    ReplyDelete