Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Friday, June 3, 2011

Pretty Huh! No...Not The Pinup. The Frame! How Often Do You Run Across A Trio Of Harlequin Shaped Picture Frames? Status: Dragged Back From Florida.

DSCN2592

I've been trying to find three great pics to display in these harlequin shaped walnut frames for a while now.  I thought about slipping in a couple of Pinups like what you see above but never got past the "trying it out" stage.  It's so hard to make a decision.  They are such great frames and there are so many cool things I could put into them.

DSCN2590DSCN2586

These came with a set of pictures clipped from some sort of magazine, an AARP magazine I

think. The pictures are all of country landscapes but are oddly all in portrait form. Eh, not my

style. I didn't buy them for the pictures. But I just can't decide what I DO want to put in them!

The mats were originally a forest green color. I couldn't let that stand and painted them "matte"

black.

DSCN2588DSCN2587

I took them all apart and cleaned up the wood frames with Murphy Oil Soap and then gave

them a coat of the Feed N Wax. The glass is all cleaned up and ready to go as well.

DSCN2589DSCN2591

That harlequin shape is just too sharp. I found these at a little thrift shop down in Fort Walton

Beach (near Destin) Florida. Yep, even on vacation I can't resist stopping at a thrift store! I've

had them for a long time too. Maybe three years! I think it's time to finally do something with

them.

1 comment:

  1. I really like those frames. The first thing I thought of when I saw them was the art done by a blogger who lives in Central or South America...but I can't remember his name. Argh!

    ReplyDelete