Saturday, June 25, 2011

GAH! Whoa...That Is An Intense Smiley Face! Why Do These Make Me Think Of Jim Jones And That Kool Aid Fiasco? Status: Creepy? Hypnotic? Just Way Too Happy?

DSCN2827

I spotted a big ol' set of these at the Salv. Army thrift store up the street from me and I just couldn't stop looking at them. Those eyes seemed to be following me. Suddenly I found myself at the checkout with two fists full of McCoy mugs! GAH! How'd they do that?

DSCN2825
Hi! Hi There! Hello! Hey! What's Up? Hola!

They look like a little tribe don't they? Like they might come after ya in the middle of the night in

a bad 80's movie! Ok...now I'm just scaring myself. Maybe I need to box these up and put them

in the Garage. Just kidding! I ain't ascared of no lil' yellow mug!

DSCN2824DSCN2823
DSCN2822

Wha...wait...they brought a Tiki God? They're dancing around the Tiki God? This can't be

good. Maybe I'm a lil' ascared. Oh c'mon now...they got smiles on. They're just partying and

having a good time. These McCoy mugs are children of the 70's.

DSCN2828DSCN2829
DSCN2830DSCN2831

And that Tiki God of theirs, why it's no god at all...just a mug! Some swag from the Shangri La

reunion (?) in '05. Good looking mug though. I picked it up at the same time from the same

thrift store. Not a bad picking if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

  1. I've long had the bowl that matches the smiley mugs but was told by my mom that I broke the plate when I was four. For my birthday, my husband found me a full set. Now I have all three the mug, bowl and plate!

    ReplyDelete