Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Saturday, June 25, 2011

GAH! Whoa...That Is An Intense Smiley Face! Why Do These Make Me Think Of Jim Jones And That Kool Aid Fiasco? Status: Creepy? Hypnotic? Just Way Too Happy?

DSCN2827

I spotted a big ol' set of these at the Salv. Army thrift store up the street from me and I just couldn't stop looking at them. Those eyes seemed to be following me. Suddenly I found myself at the checkout with two fists full of McCoy mugs! GAH! How'd they do that?

DSCN2825
Hi! Hi There! Hello! Hey! What's Up? Hola!

They look like a little tribe don't they? Like they might come after ya in the middle of the night in

a bad 80's movie! Ok...now I'm just scaring myself. Maybe I need to box these up and put them

in the Garage. Just kidding! I ain't ascared of no lil' yellow mug!

DSCN2824DSCN2823
DSCN2822

Wha...wait...they brought a Tiki God? They're dancing around the Tiki God? This can't be

good. Maybe I'm a lil' ascared. Oh c'mon now...they got smiles on. They're just partying and

having a good time. These McCoy mugs are children of the 70's.

DSCN2828DSCN2829
DSCN2830DSCN2831

And that Tiki God of theirs, why it's no god at all...just a mug! Some swag from the Shangri La

reunion (?) in '05. Good looking mug though. I picked it up at the same time from the same

thrift store. Not a bad picking if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

  1. I've long had the bowl that matches the smiley mugs but was told by my mom that I broke the plate when I was four. For my birthday, my husband found me a full set. Now I have all three the mug, bowl and plate!

    ReplyDelete