Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Awwww....Look At The Little Cutie! Shhhh...Don't Wake It. Just Another Stray That Followed Me Home. Status: Sleepy

DSCN2631

I do have a thing for the carved danish looking kitties. I wish I could find some of those porcelain danish stylized cats that everyone else seems to have! I did spot a pair at the Belleville Flea Market a number of months ago but the dealer wanted a pretty penny for them. No sale. Sad. Speaking of sad, I've decided where to keep Kennedy's ashes.


DSCN2630DSCN2636

The little guy was only a couple of bucks. I'm pretty sure this is made of teak. It's amazing how

a little piece of wood can look so peaceful and cute!

DSCN2632DSCN2633
DSCN2634DSCN2635

DSCN2637DSCN2638

I bought this dish with dogs and cats on the outside without the lid.  I had seen the lid at the

estate sale but it wasn't on or even near the dish base!  After I got home and I did a blog post

concerning it, Dana let me know that it was supposed to have a lid with a little bell in it that you

would ring to let your pet know that it was "treat time"!  I was beside myself knowing that I had

passed up the lid because I didn't know what it was.  It kept eating at me until I finally called the

estate sale company and inquired about it.  She knew exactly what I was asking about and had

even packed it up personally.  We set up a time when I could come get it and she got it to me!

  How great was that? 

DSCN2639DSCN2641

So I've been looking for something appropriate to keep Kennedy's ashes in.  I haven't been

able to find anything until this.  I know it was for keeping treats in and that makes it kinda weird

but then, Kennedy LOVED treats!  So it's kind of appropriate in that respect. 

DSCN2640

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to get the lid, and I can't think of a better use for the bowl. What a perfect tribute to Kennedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitty is pretty. The container is perfect to honor an old friend. We have our most beloved dog's ashes on our fireplace in a fake book - I LOVE the fact that my dog hating sister-in-law admires it sometimes and doesn't even know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a perfect place for your friend. Our pets enrich our lives and we get more than we give from them. A treat is something special and your pet was a treat for you. I think the bowl is just perfect as a resting place for Kennedy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a perfect resting place for your furry friend. I had to put my little buddy down about 3 months ago, so I know the the heartache of finding an appropriate spot for them. Good job on getting the lid, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are using the treat bowl for Kennedy.

    ReplyDelete