Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Saturday, June 18, 2011

Love Love Love These Brutalist / Cubist City Scape Prints. Straight Outa The Sixties Baby! Status: It Was Lopsided, Had To Fix It.

closeup

These aren't always so bright and cheerful, as a matter of fact...they're usually a little depressing. I guess that was kinda the point. I mean, cities from afar are easily romanticized but get in close and, well...not always so pretty. But my lil' print here IS pretty! So I guess the artist didn't get the memo.

DSCN2723DSCN2724

I got the print at the Goodwill but it had been framed off kilter. Just a little bit, but there was no

way I could have lived with it. I could have just re-fit it to the cheap ugly inappropriate ugly

cheap plastic frame...but it was ugly...and cheap. Plus I have a bunch of frames out in the

garage that I bought in case I found some paint by number paintings needing to be framed.

DSCN2726DSCN2725

Four bucks for the print and a even buck for the frame! I guess it's hard to complain about a

cheap (and ugly) frame when I myself am indeed cheap (ugly is in the eye of the beerholder).

Good news is that it being so cheap, I had absolutely no problem "editing" the print to fit a

smaller frame. I only lost about an inch or so top to bottom and side to side. Plus, now the

subject matter is more square with the frame. I think I'll now be able to look at it daily without my

brain exploding.

DSCN2718

Before.

DSCN2728

After.

5 comments:

  1. I love these impressionistic, abstract cityscapes! Looks like a Carlo of Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, gorgeous! I love that so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in this abstract print! Makes me happy & I need it!

    ReplyDelete