Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Broyhill Brasilia Dining Chair Suite. The Whole Set. Just Wanting For A Table. Status:Update - All Gone.

DSCN2770

This is what the Brasilia dining chairs look like with the original upholstery...after 50 years of use.  These need a little love and help but if you need a set to get your Brasilia set going, I got 'em!

I got this set from Dan last weekend when I went over to shoot their ridiculously cool

home. He had acquired them as a set and was going to clean up and use a pair of them to

have 8 total available but life sometimes just doesn't give us enough hours in the day...or

enough room in the garage. He needed to let them go. I figured I could find a needy home for

them.

DSCN2775

I don't know if the upholstery is salvageable but it is the original fabric. Maybe it can be cleaned

but it looks rough as is. I'm not a fan myself but some people (usually myself included) want

complete originality. I'm going to give the wood a complete cleanup with the Murphy Oil Soap

and see what they look like. I think they'll clean up nice.

DSCN2773DSCN2772

If anybody in the St. Louis area or nearby is looking for Brasilia chairs, let me know. I haven't

listed these on c-list yet so you might be able to snatch them up before I do. I have my own

complete set so these aren't needed here either. I'm willing to break up the set evenly as well.

DSCN2774DSCN2780

They aren't perfect examples but I won't be asking 1stDibs prices either. Like I said, they need

some help (I can even perhaps offer reupholstery for a price) but it might just be a way to start

your Brasilia dining collection without squashing your bank balance!

DSCN2771

5 comments:

  1. Do you still have these for sale? My parents broke one of mine and I am looking for a replacement.

    livingroomfloor @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in these chairs. Could we arrange shipping to Boulder, CO ?

    please contact me: concretepete@hotmail.com

    thanks! pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can have them picked up if the price is right. Let us know what you are asking. Art and Bonnie email - fallschurchtitle@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry folks...Stephanie above got three of them and I think that at least two more (maybe all) might be spoken for. Stay tuned though...I never know when another set will find it's way to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so a little update. They are ALL gone now! Not a single one left.

    ReplyDelete