Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cool Stuff In Craigslist Ads That's Not For Sale. Status: Denied.

image0

Nope...the cool yellow fireplace isn't what's being sold. It would seem that someone in Litchfield IL is selling all their boring stuff and keeping the good stuff! Look inside for more...if you just wanna torture yourself!


image0

In the same ad they have a fantastic vintage modern lamp in the background. The lamp shade is

on there kinda cockeyed but you can still tell it's a good one.

image0

Again! Its the Barcalounger Recliners that are for sale in this ad...not the super awesome atomic

looking lamp / table combo. I'd be all over that! You?

image0

Check out that lamp! Looks a lot like one I spotted at Rocket Century back during that sale a

while back. But they're selling sofas...not the lamp...or the little end table it's sitting on!  All of

the above are from ONE seller!

image0

Then there is this one.The ad is for the glass shelves with the white columns, but check out

what's in the background here! A nice lane Brutalist china cabinet and if you look way back

there you can see the dining table and chairs. I called...got told it was like a $6000 dining set.

Aaaallllrrighty then. Said "thanks anyway". Then they called back about an hour later asking

what I WAS interested in paying for the set. I think they had the same reaction to MY offer.

It ain't getting bought by me, looks like.  Grrr.

5 comments:

  1. I've inquired about "stuff in the background" many times before, and it's usually the same responses - either not for sale or ridiculously expensive. But once, I inquired about a Wegner daybed in the garage where I was picking up a chair. I was told, "Well, it would take a lot of money for us to let go of that couch - not sure we even want to sell it." I let it go, but called back a few hours later. Turns out "a lot of money" wasn't really that much, and they could even deliver it! Asking never hurts, sometimes it pans out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi chris. With the items in the top 4 photos it seemed like a waste of time since they had lots of ads selling the other stuff. It was pretty obvious that the "good stuff" wasn't available. But I at least tried with the Lane dining set!

      Delete
  2. I went to pick up a sofa that I had won in an on line estate sale and was tortured by the complete Broyhill Brasilia dining room set (table w/leaves, 8 chairs, big china cab, sideboard and server) with a sing saying "NOT FOR SALE".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi bopfish. Oh man...was it in all caps like that too? Almost as if it were personal or something!

      Delete
  3. That lamp looks just like our rocket lamps but with a killer shade!! I still like the shade you found me though!

    ReplyDelete