Friday, June 13, 2014

I Almost Forgot That I "Snagged" A Couple Of Fish While At The Wentzville Flea Last Weekend. Good Thing It Was A Beautiful Day Since This Was The Entirety Of My Day's Take! Status: Not Geese!

20140613_020018_LLS

You've no doubt seen Thousands of wall deco geese over the years, but how often do you see Swordfish?!  I've actually got another pair of these that I scored many many years ago, but those may well be the only other pair I've ever seen.

20140613_020041_LLS

I'd love to say that I'll have these available and in a booth soon, but we're headed toward parts

unknown soon for our annual roadtrip vacation so it'll be a while before anything else gets offered

up.  I did take the Sater leather sofa over to Creve Coeur today, if you're interested in that.  I loaded it

up this morning and took off for the antique mall...got about four miles away before I realized I failed

to bring the back and side cushions!  Fail (I did go back for them, so...sorta fail).

20140613_020057_LLS

These would be a great addition to a Tiki themed room!  It's tough to find truly vintage Tiki decor.  I

know...I put a lot of time and effort into it at the other crib.  Sometimes you just have to resort to new

retro stuff.  And anyway, using your vintage Tiki mugs is hazardous since you know...poeple will be

consuming alcohol and something is always likely to get broken.  That's what repros are for!

20140613_020213_LLS

So real vintage wall decor can help ya keep it real when it's tough not to fall into the lazy habit of

plugging your Ipod in a just playing a bunch of party hits instead of warming up the all tube console

and breaking out your vintage vinyl like Arthur Lyman, Martin Denny and Les Baxter.  Or you can

compromise and record all your old records to MP3 like I did so you CAN plug in your Ipod and hit

shuffle!  I guess what I'm trying to say is...I'm ready for a Tiki party!

No comments:

Post a Comment