Thursday, April 11, 2013

I'm Finally Making A Little Headway On The Selig / Larsen Chair Re-upholstery Job. I Know It's Not perfect But It's Still In Test Fit Phase. Status: Coming Right Along!

DSCN3073

I decided to knock out an hour or so of upholstery work on the Selig / Kofod Larsen pencil leg chair (Sorry! It's actually a Dan Johnson Viscount Chair!) this evening when I got home from work. I figure I've got maybe another hour or two of work on it to be satisfied. It's getting there!


DSCN3074DSCN3075

I had glued a piece of foam padding to the curved back of the chair a few weeks ago.  I had to wait for

that to cure / dry before doing any more work and well, that put the brakes on the project.  It's hard for

me to find that motivation again once I have to stop work on something like this.  But tonight I made

some headway and got both the batting and the upholstery on the front of the chair back.  There's still

a back to this piece that needs to be covered though.

DSCN3076
DSCN3077DSCN3078

At least you can now see what it'll look like when I get done.  I still need to remove and center the seat

cover though.  I'm not happy with it's placement.  The pattern needs to align with the seat back, which I

AM happy with.  It's hard to see in these photos but the fabric has a metalic silvery goldness to it which

matches nicely with the brass arms of the Selig chair.  Momtomic found the fabric for me.  It's gonna be

lovely when finished.

DSCN3080DSCN3081

The other bit of business that I finished up tonigh?  Installed the Sputnik chandelier!  This is directly

above my head where I sit at my PC to do these postings.  That it doesn't give off much light is quite

OK since I have the normal kitchen light for that.  Check it out, you can just make out the TV in the

lower right corner of the second photo above.  Harlem Nights on Netflix!  Amazing cast and a pretty

great movie.  If you haven't seen it...or just haven't seen it in a while, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment