Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Couple Of Small Items That Have Been Overlooked As Of Late. "Just" An Ashtray And A Large Amber Glass Goblet. Both Are Seriously Beautiful And Both Incorperate Colored Glass. Status: Lost And Found?

DSCN3095

Can you believe that I've had the amber glass footed bowl since the summer Green Shag Market Parking Lot Sale and am only now getting around to featuring it?  At least the ashtray is a bit fresher.  It's only about a week old.


DSCN3096DSCN3097
DSCN3098DSCN3103

This marvelous red and blue Googie inspired ashtray actually incorporates melted glass in the "pools". 

Upon close inspection you can see dimension in it.  Unfortunately, you can't see this in the photos but it

adds a little somthin' somthin' to the design.  And the colors?  Fugettaboutit!  They look "blown out" in

the photos, like I upped the Saturation...but I assure you, I did not.  This baby, although intended for an

ugly purpose, is naturally beautiful!

DSCN3106DSCN3107
DSCN3108DSCN3109

Another beauty.  Remember way back years ago when I stated that I don't collect glass like this

because there aren't any ways to identify it?  How'd that work out?  It didn't.  I've got so much pretty

art glass like this no that it makes me sick!  What I need to do is to put some shelves in front of the

front window to display these pretties with some light that will come through them!  This was the only

item I purchased at the latest Green Shag Market Parking Lot Sale.  Sadly, I myself sold nothing that

day!  So I came home with more than I started with!  It wasn't a total loss, a buyer did come back

and buy a pair of Eames task chairs a week later from my booth, so all was good!

1 comment: