Wednesday, July 17, 2013

So The Sunday Flea In Wentzville Was Pretty Generous This Past Weekend. I Dropped Just Over $30 And Came Home Quite Satisfied With My Haul. No Super Scores Were To Be Had But We Didn't Get There Before Dawn Either! Status: Sets In Iron.

DSCN9774

This lot, comprised of steel and iron, are just two of the five items I managed to sift out of the Sunday flea market in Wentzville. You've already seen the brass Nessen lamp and the brass bull statue. I've only got one more item that I haven't shared yet, but it's a bit of a project and who knows when I'll get around to That!

DSCN9778DSCN9777

These sort of wrought iron candelabras have that Scandinavian / Dansk / Quistgaard look to them but

I'm pretty sure they ain't. Still, they are quite sharp looking and I bet they will find a new home

quickly after I clean them up a bit. What do you think? Shoot them with a couple light coats of Satin

Black? Maybe I should leave them as us for that "farm fresh" look.

DSCN9776DSCN9775

Hairpin legs are always a welcome find at the flea market, especially shorter sets like these. Short

legs seem to have so many more applications than long ones. Coffee tables, benches, TV stands,

dressers...what can't benefit from a cool set of hairpin legs? I've got scads of long "table" hairpin legs

that I've done nothing with. I should probably tag them and drop them off at The Green Shag, right?

Anybody need some hairpin table legs?!

No comments:

Post a Comment