Monday, April 4, 2011

Time To Thin The Herd! Dropping Some Retro Lighting and Dorothy Thorpe Glassware On My Ads. Status: Available.

DSCN1779

I find that I'm acquiring a lot of items that aren't really being utilized and realizing that I'm getting lazy about updating my craigslist ads...not a good combination. Even my mother acknowledges that we are genetically predisposed to the dreaded Hording Dis-ease.

So I need to get on the ball! I bought this Huge ceramic lamp from the craigslist poster who sold

me the Eames dining table listed and posted a few days back. She just wanted to be rid of it

and it's in such good shape and the shade still has the plastic wrap! How could I say no? Well,

did I need another lamp? That, my friend is neither here nor there! It came home with me. Now

it could use another home, so on the ad it goes.

DSCN1777DSCN1780

DSCN1778DSCN1776

I can't for the life of me remember where this lamp came from! It was out in the garage until just

a few days ago. I don't really have a good spot for it and already have a similar one that I

prefer. But again, it's in such great shape that surely there is a loving home out there waiting

for it. I think I might have gotten the shade at a different time than the lamp. They go together

quite nicely though.

DSCN1781DSCN1782

DSCN1783DSCN1784

The Girlfriend pointed out how many sets of Dorothy Thorpe style glasses we have laying

around. AND I brought some more home from the Larsen chair / Danish nesting table buy

recently. Yikes. So these are up for grabs. The chrome is in excellent condition and the set

actually looks unused. Don't they make you long for a cocktail?

DSCN1793DSCN1786

DSCN1787DSCN1788

See all of these AMAZING items and more on my over stuffed craigslist ads!

1 comment:

  1. Those are some beautiful lamps! I've got the lamp-collecting disease so I totally get bringing more home even though you don't need another one. In fact, though I complain I have no room for another lamp I have one on it's way to me from Ebay today. Geez!!!

    ReplyDelete