Friday, April 22, 2011

I Picked Up This Gem Of A Swag Globe Lamp About A Month On Our Way Home From New Orleans. Status: Still Looking For It's Place.

DSCN2016

Ain't it grand? I've got to find just the right place for this. It's too cool to squirrel away in the garage or something sad like that. Maybe I'll put a colored bulb in it and mount it up behind the TV.

DSCN2010DSCN2011DSCN2012

I just had to have it. I love the way it mounts to a wall and has the tubular "swag" that allows it to

be adjusted up or down for height. It's missing a wall mount that the bar mount slips into but I'm

thinking I can just drill a couple of holes in the bar mount and attach it to the wall that way.

DSCN2013DSCN2014

The maps are in pretty good shape. When I first spotted this at the Brick Street Antique Mall I

thought it was a lighted globe like most of my others. Well, it is lighted...just not like the other

illuminated globes I have
. It's just a lamp in the shape of a globe. When I realized this I was

pretty disappointed, but the more I thought about it the more I realized I'd probably never find

another like it.

DSCN2005DSCN2009

So it joins the collection. Like I don't have enough collections already. I did manage to part with

two of my illuminated globes though. One went to the Girlfriends Mom for Xmas.

DSCN2004

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Wow this is so unique and such a nice concept..Truly it is an amazing and lovely find. I wish I could also have one.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out this link... It is a fantastic picture of a 15 globe chandelier... Saw it tonight and it reminded me of your blog post I read this morning..

    http://www.bitrebels.com/geek/table-globe-chandelier-finest-use-of-old-light-globes/

    Hope you are safe up in NoCo BTW... I know it was a rough go up there tonight... Praying you guys are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh...WOW, that is frickin' beautiful! Just to make it a lil' easier for everybody else to ckeck it out (and YOU SHOULD check it out!) I'm reposting your link in clickable form.

    Amazing Beautiful Illuminated Globe Chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just *knew* you would love it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a thing for globes so I am pretty envious of your fabulous find! And that 15 globe chandelier is way cool. Some of the globes in it are out of this world!

    ReplyDelete