Thursday, April 28, 2011

Christmas In July...O...K....It's Not July And Uhm This Isn't Really A Christmas Tree. Status: It's a NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS Tree!

DSCN6493

Bwaaahaahaahaahaahaa! That's the best spooky laugh I've got. I felt so discouraged that I wasn't able to get this bad boy all decked out for the Nightmare Before Christmas party last year. I couldn't find the decorations! I still don't know where they are. But...I found the pics of the tree I took from the year before. Yeah!

DSCN9908

Yup, this is bare sad lil' thing is what passed for our Christmas Tree last season. Ugh. I would

have been upset had I not gotten a little drunk while putting it together...and then had a great

party afterward
!

DSCN6487DSCN6491

This what it was supposed to look like. Not your average Christmas Tree. It's hard to find

decorations that fit the theme of Christmas / Halloween. Luckily the Girlfriend LOVES this and

has a pretty good eye for things that cross over. Another great thing is that we can wait until

the day after Halloween to go buy stuff super cheap!

DSCN6501DSCN6494

DSCN6498DSCN6492DSCN6503

DSCN6506DSCN6502DSCN6505

DSCN6512DSCN6520DSCN6511

I wish we had more actual Nightmare character ornaments but they can be so pricey. The ones

we do have are gifts from friends. I did manage to find a "Jack" mask at a thrift store and it

came out at the party,
but wow was it hot...and hard to keep drinking in. You gotta have

priorities.

2 comments:

  1. I love mid century x-mas trees. Yours is awesome. I'd love to find one someday. I'm loving your Nightmare Before Christmas theme! I love shopping the day after Halloween too - my favorite holiday!!

    ReplyDelete