Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Remain Calm and Try Not To "Pan"ic...There's More Vintage Kitchenware. Status: Clean Lines and Super Stylish.

DSCN0184

That's right, look close and you'll see a $10 price tag on the big skillet. Estate sale snag. The smaller one came from a thrift store.


The smaller one didn't have a handle when I found it. I didn't even know that the

handle on the skillet came off. Then I noticed these "Panless Handles" (Like

Phoneless Cord?) at some of the thrift stores and eventually the connection was

made.

DSCN0201DSCN0198

DSCN0199DSCN0200

So I snatched up a couple of handles to at the thrift store but only realized when I

took these pictures that the set I found doesn't match the handle that came with

my Skillet! Bummer. Now that I see the difference I want the cleaner more Mod

version.

DSCN0193DSCN0194

DSCN0195DSCN0196

I'd love to find some more of these. I looked around on Ebay a long time ago and

couldn't find much. I guess it's not so sought after. ::shrugg:: What's not to love? I

did find that the Vision cookware is somewhat in demand. I have a quite a few

pieces of Vision that my Mom handed down to me back in the early Nineties. I see

it all the time at the thrift stores too, real cheap!

DSCN0189DSCN0190

DSCN0191DSCN0192

Doesn't this remind you of a more mod set of Le Creuset cookware? It does me. I

love that it doesn't have the Teflon coating too. That stuff gets bad after a long

time or if it gets overheated. Give me a nicely seasoned Iron Skillet for real.

DSCN0197

I wish I actually cooked more than every once in a while so I'd be able to give you

more of an opinion on how well these work. They are in such nice condition, I don't

know that I'd use them if I DID cook more often! If I was tripping over them at the

thrift stores I probably would be more apt to use them. Maybe I'll find a few "extras"

or spares that I'll be able to use someday.

5 comments:

  1. They look cool with or without the handles! I used to have some Vision cookware - I think I gave it to the Salvation Army Thrift Store but maybe it is in storage. I will have to do some digging. I never used it much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom has some of those handles in their little boxes that they came in. They came with her Corning Ware in the 70's. I am sure you knew that but I never knew what those things were in the thrift until she showed me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure cool pans...loved them...i never saw removable handle stuff before...cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool pans. I love the shape of the knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HT - I know! Very versatile. I loved to boil eggs in my big Vision pot. It was just fun to watch.

    AlliT - I do know that now! But I might not have a year ago.

    Sudha - When I bought the larger frying pan I didn't even know that the handle came off!

    Dana - The lid knobs just make the pans! So Mid-Century Mod.

    ReplyDelete