Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Drag Out The Vinyl. Dig Up Your 45s. Everybody Knows That LPs Sound The Best, Right? Status: My Bad, It Needs A Needle...But It's Available!

DSCN0585
Sorry for the tease. I don't have a needle so we can't have a record playin' party. Unless of course you don't mind playing 'em on my modern Numark DJ turntable!



DSCN0583DSCN0584

I've had this available on one or the other of my ads for a while now. I've had a few

interested people who wanted me to pack it up and ship it, but I don't do that. Too

much trouble. I've even sent an interested party a video taken on my phone to

assure them the unit works, to no avail. Eh, no biggie. I'm probably gonna order

me a needle myself and keep it! Won't it be fun to play records out on the Patio

this spring?

DSCN0586DSCN0587

I had looked around for a needle online a while back and had come across them,

but I hadn't saved the websites. It took all of 30 seconds to find the needle online

again. It's available at GEMM Needlefinder for just $18 shipped. Not too shabby

considering it's a vintage unit almost as old as Mr. Modtomic!

DSCN0589DSCN0588

I picked up this GE Wildcat at what used to be the South County Value Village on

Lemay Ferry Rd. This store moved out to the Kenrick Plaza and is still a great

place to find undervalued vintage goodness. The Wildcat was filthy. I took it

completely apart and cleaned it up with a toothbrush. Except for a few boo boos

here and there, it looks like a new unit! I just wish I could play a record on it!

It even plays 78s!

DSCN0590DSCN0591

4 comments:

  1. I could see sitting by the pool, a nice cold beverage in a tall atomic glass and Frankie Avalon playing on the record player. *sigh* A girl can dream can't she? I left out being fanned by the cabana boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. K4M - Ugh, I need a pool! I'm gonna get me a horse trough to soak in this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brings back memories...I spent a big chunk of my growing-up years in the 50s glued to a record player similar to this one listening to 45s. By the time I started collecting LPs in the 60s, I had a little more sophisticated system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt Dana! I am of a generation who when very young still actually bought 45s while also buying cassettes. I also bought a few LPs back then without a hint of irony.

    ReplyDelete