Sunday, October 17, 2010

Brought more good stuff home from Belleville Flea Mkt! Status: Available Soon!

DSCN8487

I just can't stop myself.  I bought this within 5 minutes of arriving at the Flea Mkt!  I'm gonna clean up the vinyl even though it's a little beat up.  Then it's on the market!

DSCN8488DSCN8490DSCN8491DSCN8489

Four chairs that really remind me of Thonet but are not. They are by Valley

Furniture Company, St. Louis Mo. I believe the finish is called "Limed Oak".

They obviously need some serious cleaning. I'm hoping they look good enough

to keep the original vinyl. If not, recovering them should be a snap. I

even have some really great upholstery material for them.

DSCN8496DSCN8499DSCN8495DSCN8497

The table is covered in durable (No Water Marks! Ever!!!) Formica and otherwise

finished in the same Limed Oak as the chairs. The "splayed leg" design as seen

on the chairs is mirrored here on the table. Very "retro rocket" age! There is

even a folded 1 ft. leaf tucked under the table accessible when the two table

halves are pulled apart.

DSCN8494DSCN8493DSCN8492

Also picked up these two Hairpin Leg stools! They have been (poorly) recovered

in a very interesting vinyl. I have a chair just like the Googie Chair featured

a few days ago that is upholstered in this exact same vinyl! Hmmm, I may use

this vinyl for some project related to that some day!



You know, I almost didn't go to the Flea Mkt. today...but then I though about

the Long...Hard...WINTER coming. And it was such a beautiful morning. It's

just hard to day "no" on a morning like that! There won't be many more of

them! Get out and hit the Wentzville Flea Mkt. (or YOUR local Flea Mkt.)

tomorrow morning! You won't regret it! Forecast here says Sunny and Mild!

No comments:

Post a Comment