Sunday, December 16, 2012

State Of The Union...Or What Was Buried Under All That Mess. Nightmare Before Christmas Party Tonight, Had To Clean Up. Took Some Pics Of The Joint. Status: Believe It Or Not - Much Better.

DSCN2563

Tonight was our annual "Nightmare Before Christmas" party that we throw between Thanksgiving and Christmas every year as a way for all our friends to have a break from family obligations and such.  The living spaces in the house have been in such a major disarray that it took a LOT more effort to get the house into some semblance of order, or at least enough so that it wasn't Totally embarrassing.

DSCN2547DSCN2558

It's been quite a while since I've been able to share what our living spaces look like.  Here's what the

joint looks like at the moment.  Obviously the furniture is always in a state of flux.  I never know what

new "keeper" will show up next, displacing some previous find.  The big orange fireplace will probably

never be moved and it'll probably be a while before I find a sofa to take the place of the long gondola

with the attached tables.

DSCN2553DSCN2556
DSCN2549DSCN2548

The bar and bar stools are new-ish.  Both have been featured here before.  I've finally put the Herman

Miller "Chicklet" sofa back together.  The Le Corbusier leather lounge chairs are ostensibly available

but are in use at the moment.  I've got plenty to take their place should they go by-by, but for now we

are really enjoying their comfort.

DSCN2552DSCN2551

I know that everything still looks pretty cluttered and half-done.  I only had a limited amount of time to

take care of a LOT of stuff.  Working on cleaning up and finding places to put all the extra stuff I have

(stock, if you will) just isn't in the card on weekdays as I do in fact have a 40 hour a week job, a 10

to 15 hour a week blog, I like to watch a little television if I can and I have to get a couple hours of

sleep somewhere too!

DSCN2550DSCN2559

Found out the hard way that neither of my two Christmas / Halloween table cloths are actually large

enough to cover the Florence Knoll dining table.  No big deal.  The Halloween one was big enough to

do what needed to be done.  I do need to find a proper one though.  The Knoll table isn't in pristine

condition but I don't want to do any more damage to it before I have it refinished!   Anyway, the party

started off a little slow ( I was sure that guests were going to show up early since I was so not ready

on time!), but once the ball got rolling plenty of friends showed up and we all had plenty of fun - even

though I never got around to putting the tree up!

3 comments:

  1. Your house is wonderful! I hope to have such awesome furniture one day :)

    I have one vintage end table, and one vintage sewing table. I'm furnishing my home one piece at a time. Just like Johnny Cash, lol.

    I really enjoy your blog and hope you have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and some swell MCM stuff. You always have a great eye for the goodies! I've told my wife if we ever sell our current 1927 bungalow here in Tampa, we are getting a ranch and are going to go all out MCM! For the time being I'll have to settle for the store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place is lookin' good. I love the gondola sofa. There's just something about furniture that has those attached tables that just gets me. Love the Malm too--I just picked up a black one for fires outside on the patio. A steal!

    ReplyDelete