Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Oh How I Wish Mr. Modtomic Was Possessed Of A Green Thumb. I Ain't Got Enough Pennies To Toss In The Well To Make It So. Status: Fake Plants It Is.

DSCN2505

This post ain't really about the fake plants though.  It's actually about the planters themselves.  I've recently picked up a pair and I thought I'd show 'em off...see what you think of 'em!


DSCN2506

This first one is ceramic bisque and I actually spotted it a couple weeks ago at a local Value Village

in south county.  I didn't pick it up at the time but it stuck in my mind.  I got to thinking that it might

actually be another piece of Architectural Pottery but it's probably not.  It's still quite an attractive

container though.

DSCN2509DSCN2507

And then I picked up this tripod planter base.  It begs for a nice big bowl but it works nicely with

the bisque container as well.  Gives it a real "Jetsons" feel.  The bisque container goes nicely with

the Malcom Lealand Architectural Pottery hanging Totem that I picked up in Bloomington at the

Bronze Giraffe a while back.

DSCN2511DSCN2510

This little plastic tripod planter was from the last estate sale I attended about a month ago.  It was still

waiting for me out in the garage well after I had done a thorough recon of the rest of the joint.  I was

kind of surprised when my partner Illuminate said that she had seen it out there but didn't pick it up.  It

wasn't pricey at all and I think it's pretty cool!

DSCN2514

5 comments:

  1. Did you see todays Groupon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, but for goodness sake please pull the Leeland lantern stack away from the edge of the table and the door. I'm imagining a knee bump to the table and a tragically titled blog post.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. It was placed there just for the photos and is tucked safely away until I find a good place to hang it.

      Delete
  3. Here a plant that's hard to kill - Zamioculcas zamiifolia. Otherwise commonly known as the ZZ plant. I picked up mine from Ikea. Forget to water no problem.

    ReplyDelete