Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Tuesday, February 8, 2011

By Popular Demand! Well, at Least a Few Folks Were Asking to See It. The Newest Addition to the Lighted Globe Collection. Status: Hey! It Even Works!

DSCN0807

This is the Globe I picked up at the South County antique mall yesterday. Looks good enough as just a globe. Just a regular ol' globe. Nice base though, that chrome is pretty sharp!

DSCN0808

But check it out! Plug this baby in and it lights up a room. It's hard to get a good

picture of it lit up though. The "lighted" pics just don't really do it justice.

DSCN0809DSCN0810

DSCN0811DSCN0812

Looks like this might be from the mid seventies. I did a little "timeline" research

here, but got bored before I could nail it down. I might try again later.

DSCN0813DSCN0815

DSCN0816DSCN0818

There are a few condition issues with the "wrap" coming off in a few places and

some scotch tape holding it down too. No biggie. It's pretty amazing even so. The

chrome needs a good polishing too. It's gonna clean up nice.

8 comments:

  1. oooh! nice! I just recently thrifted one of these for RetroRoadmap HQ

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/modbetty/5401813741/in/set-72157625940633756/

    I'll have to see if it once lit up! Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think black must be rare huh? I've only seen a couple including yours. Cool find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the black and it looks very cool lit up. I bet it does throw out some light. The base has a bit of Saarinen flair to it. Good score.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I found the black oceans off putting at first, but I see it's all about the negative space when it's lit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the same light off Craigslist in Calgary, Alberta. Blue oceans though. Love the black!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stacey - There ya go, I'm glad you like it!

    Mod Betty - Nice Globe! It doesn't look like a light up globe though, but still really pretty! Click here to see it everybody!

    Rhan - I don't even really understand Why they'd make them black like this...lit or un-lit. But I do like it!

    K4M - The chrome base is amazing! Maybe this is what the Earth looks like from outerspace...to dogs.

    monoG - Let me know when you can't pass one up cuz it has black oceans...that's how it happens to me sometimes. At first I can't stand something...then I find a way to appreciate it...then the lust starts!

    anna - Hi Anna! How's Oakland? Thanks for putting us up. We had a blast!

    Laura - Don't they make great nightlight type lamps?

    ReplyDelete