Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Culprit...Formica. Oh, How I'm Torn. Beautiful, Durable, Purveyor of BAD Habits! Status: In the Immortal Words of The Clash, "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?".

DSCN1139

Yeah, I'm not sure if these are going to stick around. I've got plenty of tables already. But they sure are pretty. It'll be hard to let them go. You just don't see Formica such an amazing color very often. "What, white?", you ask? Oh now, you'll just have to look inside!

Pow! That's some color, ain't it?! It's almost unnatural. Too blue! But gosh it's

pretty. Times Three!

DSCN1138

DSCN1137DSCN1136

DSCN1140

These awesome danish nesting tables were acquired at the estate sale Saturday

morning. They were in the basement, duh...where all the best stuff always waits!

That's where I got the great Salterini Tempestini patio chairs a few weeks ago. So

remember, Arrive Early and Head Straight For the Basement like the sirens are

going off and it sounds like a Freight Train outside!

4 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! I've seen lots of Formica through the years but don't ever remember seeing this particular color and pattern. Not only are these a gorgeous color and pattern, they are so functional and take up little space. I vote for you to keep these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some pretty Formica! I don't know why, but I'm drawn to stacking tables. I say keep them...unless you want to send them to me...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stacking tables and I'm a sucker for peg legs. The color is amazing! Again, great find....but then again you have the greatest finds ever so am I surprised that you found these? Nope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. K4M - I've made them available and they look to be sold soon. I've never seen the vibrant blue either.

    Dana - Wish I could.

    Rhan - I've been telling my mom (who has a couple antique mall spots) that she needs to look out for these. I think they straddle the retro / antique look very nicely.

    ReplyDelete