Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Monday, March 24, 2014

Saturday Night The Girlfriend Not Only Dragged A Mr. To See Some Young Adult Book Turned Movie (Divergent) But To TJ Maxx And Marshalls Too. A Danish Barstool? Yup. The Most Danish Of Danish Barstools! Status: ...At Least In Design.

20140322_205712

I just wanted some new socks.  I wasn't looking to be surprised by a knock off of a fine danish modern seating unit.  And anyway, why'd they only have one?  That's just weird.

20140322_20585220140322_205643
20140322_205821

I know right!?  A Hans Wegner Wishbone barstool?  At Marshalls?  This was kinda weird?  I had to

look around for the TV cameras and "Gotcha!" host.  Now, I wasn't going to buy it...but well, maybe if it had

been a better made.  I've had the real thing and this...this didn't measure up.

20140322_20570620140322_205809_LLS
20140322_205735_LLS20140322_205837

But that's what you get from a $130 made in China knock off.  You get the style but not the

craftsmanship.  These looked like they'd been left out in the rain for a few summers.  I wouldn't

recommend wearing a loose knit blouse / shirt or a sweater while sitting in one of these since the

joints on the backrest were iffy at best.  Still, it's so pretty.  I couldn't help but take a bunch

of pics and show y'all!

3 comments:

  1. This looks like the result of indifferent storage and handling--Marshall's apparently still buys odd lot leftovers from liquidators and such--and maybe a lower-quality manufacturer. I have knockoffs of the Wegner wishbone chair and round chair ("The Chair") and they're better than this--I knew I wasn't going to be finding originals at prices I would pay, and I wanted compact chairs for spare bedrooms so guests had a place to perch while donning or doffing shoes, etc., and might also be pressed into service as extra dining chairs. Yes, I know it's controversial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to hear what a Dane would say about ripping off Carl Hansen, check this out:
    http://spottedbynormanncopenhagen.com/category/vi-hader/page/2/
    I suspect my Lane Acclaim decor would earn me a battle axe in the skull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Marshalls by me had a Barcelona knockoff a while back.

    ReplyDelete