Thursday, November 21, 2013

Some Nifty Finds From Recent Times As Well As Earlier This Summer. A Couple Salem Biscayne Pitchers And A Mexican Handmade Bird. Status: Mystery.

DSCN0405

I forgot all about the mixed metal bird art.  I picked up the larger Biscayne gravy pitcher a few days ago and the smaller cream pitcher has been hanging around here for a while.  Time I blogged about 'em all, wouldn't you say?


DSCN0406DSCN0410
DSCN0408DSCN0407

The bird here is a bit of a mystery.  It looks for all the world like a Los Castillo piece but the mark on

bottom is different.  What gives?  I saw one of these in Chicago at the Randolph Street Market flea

with a $225 tag hanging off of it.  I failed to take a photo of the mark on the back of it but I assume it

looks more like this one than mine.  After spotting it at the Randolph flea I remembered seeing this

one at the Wentzville flea back here at home.  I went back to the Wentzville flea about 4 times before

I finally found the vendor with it again!  Problem is, what's the deal with the mark on the back of

mine?!  Is that Posiedon on there?

DSCN0412DSCN0414
DSCN0413DSCN0411

I have a soft spot for the Salem Biscayne.  I've got tons of it...well, at least hundreds of pounds of it! 

Any time I find it cheap it comes home with me.  One day I'll start making setting of it and maybe

offer it up in the booth.  The pattern kinda reminds me of something Charles Schultz might have

designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment