Monday, October 8, 2012

I Just Got This Vintage Modern Corner Table By Mersman Last Weekend. It Needed Some Cleanup But I Found Some Time This Week Before Dropping It Off At My Booth At The Green Shag Market. Status: Already Found A New Home.

DSCN2094

This was so dusty and neglected when I found it last weekend.  I could see that it had the potential to be beautiful again and fill somebodies living room with vintage modern loveliness...so it had to come home with me.  I just couldn't leave it behind.  It's classic and understated design means it will easily fit with any number of other styles.

DSCN2090

I got to work right away on cleaning this up when I got it home.  I was on 3rd shift (or

"midnights" as I usually call it) last week and that left me awake and at home during the

daytime for parts of most days last week.  I took advantage of a couple of those days to

work on some projects (and do some thrift shopping).  This really just needed some love.

I cleaned a thick layer of dust off of it, rubbed it down with Howards Restore-A-Finish

and then topped it with some Howards Feed-N-Wax.  It's not perfect, but it looks really

nice.  Too nice to strip and re-finish as far as I'm concerned but if someone wanted to take

the time, it surely is a good candidate for such a treatment.  There are so very few dings and

only the lightest of scratches.

DSCN2092DSCN2095
DSCN2093

You know...this is supposed to be a corner table between a Sofa and a Love Seat but think

about this:  TV / Media stand.  You could place this table in the corner of the room and toss

your fine flat panel television up on top of that upper tier and some of your electronics under

that leaving some open area up front to keep your remotes...you know...so you can find them

later!

DSCN2091

However you'd like to use it, if you are interested in picking it up this fine, all wood Mersman

corner table I've put it in my antique mall booth (number 44) at the Green Shag Market in St.

Louis city
. I'm stocking up on all sorts of extra items for the Green Shag Market Parking Lot

Sale too. The Parking Lot Sale on October 20th will give me an opportunity to bring even

MORE items out for you to peruse even if it's only for one day. Mark your calender for the

Parking Lot Sale, but be sure to make a little time to visit the Green Shag Market proper

before then to see all the good treasures gathered within.  I'm in there every weekend and

am always surprised by how much comes and gos!

::Update - Already Gone! Didn't last a day!::

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Modtomic,

    That table is AWESOME! Once again, I am CONSUMED with jealousy because you live in cool St. Louis and I do NOT! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had this table come up on Atl craigslist and i shared it on the blog..:) have been in love with it ever since

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar table, would you please let me know how much you charged for it?

    ReplyDelete