Sunday, October 21, 2012

Big Turnout, Lot's Of Vendors, Great Offerings, Beautiful Weather (Eventually). The Green Shag Market Parking Lot Sale Was - By Most Measures - A Success! Status: But...

DSCN2005

Mr. Modtomic's setup at the Green Shag Market Parking Lot Sale Saturday October 20 2012 - BEFORE photo!

DSCN1995DSCN1993
DSCN2003DSCN2004


I was up all night Friday prepping and loading the items and cars. Literally all night. I finished

up at 5am. I grabbed a 45 minute nap and then got back up to make our way down to the

City to set up in the parking lot of the Green Shag Market.

DSCN2010DSCN2008
DSCN2006DSCN2007

We arrived about 6:45 and got right to work. You might know that Mr. Modtomic is not a

morning person to begin with. Ad almost zero sleep and you can guess who was a member

of the walking dead. After getting set up I took a look around and realized that I really

didn't have nearly enough items to fill the two lot spots that I had bought.

DSCN2002DSCN2001
DSCN1999DSCN1997
DSCN1998DSCN1992

Oh well, I though it would make it easier for buyers to make their way around out stuff and

in moving purchased items out. I even let my neighbor (who had WAY too much stuff for

one lot spot!) move into my area a couple feet.

DSCN1991DSCN1994
DSCN2009DSCN2012

I'm glad I brought down a bunch of comfortable seating because I was beat. At least the

Overmans were light if a bit bulky. The Le Corbusier style chairs aren't as heavy as they

seem, but are still a handful. I brought down a couple of tables, the Brasilia drop leaf

extension table being the only one that was very heavy. The challenge was fitting all of

these items into two wagons. Yes, we still have Tinkerbell the Volvo but it's getting sold

soon.

DSCN2005

Well...here is ostensibly, the AFTER picture of our sale space. Yep, same as the Before

picture. Nothing sold. Zero, zilch, nada, goose egg. THAT was discouraging. Kinda stung

a little bit too. I could have sat around sulking and stewing all day developing theories

about what went wrong, but it was a beautiful day, I was hanging out with my best girl

AND my Mom was set up next to us. Sales or no, it was a fine day. Sometimes you bite

the bear, sometimes the bear bites you.

6 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me? Were there a lot of people? Did you get a bunch of lookie-loos trying to lowball you? Did you Mom sell anything? Were you priced to high? WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well poo. I would have bought those lamps. Darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is a bad time to sell; I sold a couple of weeks ago and also did poorly. Everyone at my sale said that spring is the big selling time with summer being "okay" and fall is always "lame".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, nuts! Sorry to hear that. Do you have any theories? Cuz I did my first flea market on Saturday and sold one thing: a cheap, no name set of napkin rings. Huh? Anyway, better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Mod, how much are those orange chairs and ottomans? What can you tell us about them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both Overman chairs. You can search this blog (top left) to read and see more about them. If you are interested in picking one up send me a note (e-mail @ top right on blog).

      Delete