Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Friday, December 2, 2011

Something's Fishy 'Round Here. I Hope It Ain't These Amazing Libbey Glasses. Status: Traded For!

DSCN4826

So I finally got in touch with sabo_meenyo (who had mentioned a time or two that she'd like to do a glass swap!) and we made the trade! She seemed really pleased with the glassware I had for her and I'm sure everybody reading knows how much I love these Libbey "Fish" Glasses.

DSCN2346

These "Pine Cone" glasses above are what I traded for the odd number lot of Libbey "Fish"

glasses.  A while back I had a set of 6 fish glasses but sold them to a buyer who really twisted

my arm!  I mean she TWISTED that arm hard!  She had to, to get me to let them go.  I

hemmed and hawed but eventually relinquished them.  I've missed them ever since.

DSCN4776DSCN4829

Then, a few days ago I found a pair of the Parfait glasses out in the Garage in a mystery box

with a few other nearly forgotten items.  I posted about them and sabo meenyo tried once

again to get me to trade.  This time I got off my lazy butt and contacted her and Shazam! the

trade was made yesterday.  Yeehaw!

DSCN4827DSCN4828

So here's where I stand now. Three of each. Erg. I have a little problem with uneven sets. But...

three of three...there is a certain symmetry to that setup. I don't think that will cause me too

much anxiety until I can find more to round out the collection. Maybe I'll sell some of my

Southern Comfort barware to finance the hunt!

DSCN4830DSCN4831DSCN4832

3 comments:

  1. Hm....I guess you wouldn't be interested in the 3 glasses I have in this pattern that look like this (mine are the ones in the middle):

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Wnz7VgsEuO0/Sos6q9w1-uI/AAAAAAAAAJw/cF1hGciKmvM/s1600-h/50s_Fish_Glasses.gif

    ReplyDelete
  2. locogirlp - I totally would love to get those 3 glasses! But...Texas? I don't do much buying, selling or trading online. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw 2 of the parfait fish glasses at the Creve Coeur Antique mall the other day. I think they were 5 bucks a piece.

    ReplyDelete