Monday, November 14, 2011

Most Beautiful Radio Ever Available In Belleville Illinois? Status: Better Have A Fat Wallet!

Bluebird Radio by Teague

Not my picture above!!! Found on hyperion327's photostream. I, sadly, do not have one of these radios to photograph myself. I'd love to have one...even a reproduction. I only just this evening found that a couple companies make reproductions!


bluebird radio

Again, not my photo. It belongs to electrofervor. Notice these photos were taken at

MUSEUMS! The Sparton Bluebird by Walter Dorwin Teague isn't just a pretty radio.

It is a work of art. And I just spotted one on the St. Louis craigslist. It ain't at all cheap

but it never will be. If you're feeling froggy, jump on over and take a look! Wow, I'd

so love to have this.

4 comments:

  1. Man that is a beauty....and EXPENSIVE. I wasn't totally prepared for the price when I clicked on the craiglist link. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I was expecting it to be expensive, but not THAT expensive. And to think, it originally cost $40.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 1939 FADA bullet radio, a close runner up behind the Bluebird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed, it's out of my budget constraints but certainly a gorgeous piece of usable art.

    ReplyDelete