Wednesday, November 30, 2011

If You're Gonna Talk The Talk...You Gotta Walk The Walk. Livin' Vintage With Vintage Linen. Status: A New Wrinkle.

DSCN4806

I just recently started picking up vintage towels.  I've never really looked before but these caught my eye at an estate sale recently.  They certainly scream 1965 wouldn't you say?


DSCN4807DSCN4808

DSCN4809DSCN4810

DSCN4811DSCN4812

I love the contrast and saturation of the colors on these wash cloths. That they are reversible

doesn't hurt. The colors don't really fit our bathrooms perfectly but they work ok in the yellow

and blue tiled guest bathroom.

DSCN4813DSCN4814

Unfortunately I've only got one of the first towel above but I do have a matched pair of the

second one. I have the pair hung from the towel bar in the guest bath. I guess I could hang

the single between the two matched ones. I'm not all domestic and know about this stuff for

real, but I figure if I'm going to subject our guests to sitting on vintage sofas and chairs then

they're gonna have to dry their hands on vintage towels as well!

DSCN4815DSCN4816

3 comments:

  1. those are pretty much the exact colors of my couch! love that color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! We had those same ones...and there was a pink/purple? combo that an aunt made into a couch pillow...with fringe! Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, these look familiar...oh,yeah, I use them everyday and yes, they are from the 1960's. I look for these gems everywhere I go and seem to find them in "clumps"...alot at once,then nothing.

    ReplyDelete