Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Monday, May 23, 2011

Was Out In The Garage Lookin' For The Girlfriends Graduation Gown (Teacher) When I Bumped Into These Guys! Status: Lighting Up My Life.

Pair

Actually, they ain't lighting up my life at all. I love them to death...but what to do with them? I can't really thing of a good place for them. I'm thinking about the laundry room but I hate the idea of hiding them away in there.

DSCN2444
DSCN2446DSCN2445

I got these both from an estate sale last year. You know, I don't know where they had them

mounted as they were loose when I picked them up. Where do / did people usually mount

these? I could see perhaps in the den above the desk, but we don't have a setup like that. The

Girlfriends desk pushes up against the back of a sofa so that she can see the TV and I have

my "desk" setup at the kitchen table...for the same reason. Plus it's close to the fridge.

DSCN2441
DSCN2442DSCN2443

The silver aluminum one above had a slightly beat up mount. It had seen better days. I took

it apart and since the aluminum is a soft metal, was able to use the back end of a screwdriver

handle to push out the dented area. Then I used a little Goof Off to clean it up. The bullet

shaped cones are in great shape. Amazing, considering they are made of the same soft

aluminum. I might just make these available since I don't have a plan for them.

DSCN2433DSCN2435
DSCN2436DSCN2434

Before

DSCN2437DSCN2440

After

4 comments:

  1. These double lights were often mounted above the headboard of the bed, so each person had a reading light. Of course, that was back in the day of the double bed. I doubt these would shed light over a wide enough area for a king size bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you where people also would mount them: My parents bought the house that they live in right now in 1971. They have those EXACT silver bullets aimed towards the fire place (down stairs) and my brother put 2 sets like that in his bedroom in each corner of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have seen similar lamps as night/bedside lamps//they look wonderful

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Y-aILDU3h40/TZK_jSSRZwI/AAAAAAAAAvY/KM7-wkfmwD8/s1600/bedside.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana - Unfortunately, our bed emerges from the corner of the room so I couldn't mount it to the wall there.

    Anony - Hmmmm...maybe I could mount one on the ceiling and point them toward the art on the fireplace and the adjacent wall!

    Sudha - I could "hack" one and make two bedside lights!

    Thanks for the feedback everybody! Now I got some ideas running around my brains.

    ReplyDelete