Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Did JUST Manage To Pop Into A Pair Of Estate Sales This Weekend. Showed Up Late But Managed To Still Snatch Up Some Goodies, Including This Table! Status: Already Spoken For?

DSCN2458

I didn't get up early as I'd have liked (not really Liked liked...but you know what I mean) to hit estate sales. Dragged my butt up at the crack of 10. Luckily the first estate sale was only a couple miles down the highway.

What drew me to this sale was a couple of pics on the internet of a Broyhill Sculptra dining

suite that was available. I was mildly interested in the set, but not so much in all the effort it

would take to get it home and all the space it would take up. I passed, even though they were

pretty desperate to have it sold. They were wheeling and dealing at 11am! This just doesn't

happen at estate sales 'round here. I think I coulda' got it pretty cheap. I sent Gus from 11th

Street Antique And Modern
an email and pics of the set. Wonder if he capitalized. Anyway...

DSCN2459DSCN2461

DSCN2463DSCN2460

I picked up this little lamp table and a few other tasty items. It was a beautiful day but there

didn't seem to be a lot of people at the sale. It was kinda weird. It was well advertised. It had a

great mix of items. The prices were good. I even had a great time hamming it up with the

sellers! Maybe there was a LOT more people and stuff there earlier. ::shrugg::

DSCN2457

Oh, and here's what that Howard Feed N Wax does for a table that's already in pretty good

shape. Wait 'til ya see what it does to a table that REALLY needs it! I'm sold. You should be

too. And speaking of "sold", I think this is going to yet another home tomorrow evening! Already

have a buyer for it. Dag, that'll be the quickest flip I've ever managed!

4 comments:

  1. lovely find...i have a question...how do i remove oil stains from my Lane dining table...pl help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feed N Wax works miracles, especially on "thirsty," dried out wood. I love the stuff! Cool little table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one sweet lil' table. Weird bout the lack of people, maybe there were a bunch of estate sales so the "crowd" were spread out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your blog the other day (found it while scouring craigslist) and I have to say... I am pretty sure I love you. How do you find all of this wicked stuff?!

    ReplyDelete