Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I Hate (LOVE) To Toot My Own Horn, But I Must Just Have Such Great Taste! Status: Wishful Thinking.

DSCN4773

Anybody recognize that name: Thos Moser? It means High $$$ and Fine Quality contemporary classic (future iconic?) furniture.

So I got a little story about this Thomas Moser stuff. The Pevely Flea Market is just

south of St. Louis on highway 61 / 67 and used to be a drive in movie. They have

all the usual flea market booths plus a few buildings for indoor vendors. I've found

plenty of cool stuff at this flea market (including a nice pair of Zenith "barrel"

speakers) but we don't get down there that often. On one of our trips down there I

was poking around in one of the buildings where they have a number of vendors

selling new contemporary relatively "cheap" furniture. Over against the back wall I

noticed a chair sitting on top of a table that was wrapped in paper. The chair really

caught my eye since it appeared to have a different stain on it's different

components of construction.

DSCN4772

As I got closer to check it out I noticed the construction of the chair was not at all

cheap. The way the legs went through the seat and were held with a wedge

grabbed my attention immediately. I looked around the "booth" and realized that

everything in it was of this furniture line. There were maybe four more of the dining

chairs, the dining table and a long bench. Unfortunately these other pieces were

covered in butcher paper so I couldn't really check them out. I still had no idea

what I was looking at. It didn't even appear to be for sale. There were no price

tags or anything. I thought that this set MUST be something, so I got the camera

out (thankfully I had it with me!) and shot the three pictures you see now.

DSCN4774

So, not knowing anything at all about the set, I went home and casually started

poking around the web for info about it. A few days later I hit pay dirt. Dag, really?

A Thomas Moser dining set at the Pevely Flea Market? Each piece commands

such a high price! How did it end up there? I think a dealer must have just been

storing it there because I went back the following weekend and it was gone. Not

that I could have possibly been able to buy it or anything! But wow, if I could

have....


::sigh::

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! What quality, and workmanship, and yes you do have good taste. I would love this in my home... thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anony - I was AMAZED to find that this is Current furniture! It can be purchased new. It's very difficult to find used. I hardly ever spot any on Craigslist or Ebay. People seem to hold on to it. Some of the designs are pretty radical too!

    ReplyDelete