Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Great Mid Century Desk Find / Fail. ::Shrugg:: Status: Hit "Unique Thrift" Store Instead!

Mid Cent. Desk Fail

Pretty cool looking desk, right? It was offered up on C-list for a mere 50 bucks! Wow, I though.


I immediately emailed a better offer and got a call back this morning. I made

arrangements to meet took a shower and hit the road. I checked out the desk

when I arrived and was immediately bummed that the left front leg was

unfashionably secured with a mess of exposed wood screws. Oh well, I can deal

with that. I then inspected the drawers for a manufacturer mark. Nothing.

Then I looked under the bottom of the surface for a mark. Ew, sad to say...it

was made predominantly of Particle Board (MDF). Ugh, I had to pass. It was a

50 dollar desk. They luckily had other interested parties in line for the desk.

I'm sure somebody snatched it up today.



I was going to devote this entire post to the "find", but even the best laid

plans...and all that. Instead we get to have a look around Unique Thrift (9715

Saint Charles Rock Rd Saint Louis, MO. Phone: 314-427-0802)! Dustin, the fella

who traded me the cool double sided Lane Desk, found a SWEET

Eero Saarinen Womb chair here a while back for SUPER CHEAP (less than 10

bucks!). Since I had a little time to kill before work I decided to take a peek inside.

Lots of decent stuff in here today.

DSCN9115DSCN9114DSCN9116

Cool Patio Table set with Four Chairs for just $45!

DSCN9117

Nice (Late '60s?) Mod Cork and Ceramic Lamp. $8.

DSCN9118DSCN9119

Not Vintage, But could be Retro in the right hands! $10 each.

DSCN9120DSCN9121

Black Angus Electric Rotisserie. You could probably cook an entire Cow in this! $??

DSCN9122DSCN9123DSCN9124

Three Danish style chairs. Heavy duty! 3 / $15 (I think, might have been "each")

DSCN9126DSCN9125DSCN9127

Another Danish style chair. Would make a great desk chair. $15

DSCN9128DSCN9129

Nice '70s Clock. It's not a "Starburst" but It ain't hard to look at either. $7

DSCN9130

Three plant life framed art pieces. Kinda Jere like. $I picked these up.

DSCN9131

Pretty Planter. Complete with fake plant! $?

DSCN9132DSCN9133

Funky Green "Homemade" ashtray. $1.41

DSCN9136DSCN9134DSCN9139

Molded plastic "Syroco" plant art. $10

DSCN9140DSCN9141

Funky String Art. $?

Ugh, I had to get up early this morning and I'm very tired now. I must sleep. Sorry so Lame!

3 comments:

  1. wow, all this in ONE store? jealous! love that cork lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought pretty hard about picking up that cork lamp, but I ran out of time and had to bolt before I could come to a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cork lamp, and I'm still dying over that Lane double-sided desk.

    ReplyDelete