Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Let There Be Light...and there was light...and it was Fabulous!!! Status: Illuminating

DSCN8526

We picked this beautiful Table / Lamp up at an estate sale on the World Famous "Hill" in South St. Louis a few years ago. I almost didn't buy it.

DSCN8524DSCN8522

It was marked at $75 and I didn't think too much of it at the time as it was

covered in Decades of cigarette smoke and dust. The Girlfriend asked as we

were leaving if I had seen it and I said I had but that $75 was too much for

it. She mentioned that I could put a bid in the "Bid Box" and maybe they'd

call. I thought, yeah...hmmm, maybe I will.

DSCN8520DSCN8525DSCN8521

So I went back in to put a bid in and they asked what I was going to bid. I told

them that I'd give them $35 for it and they said "Sold!". So home it went with

us! After cleaning it up a little I realized how great it looked. Yeah, there's

a little cigarette burn on the table but it kinda adds to the character! Plus, I

can just cover it with a clock or something. I've thought about selling it a

couple of times but the Girlfriend just ain't going for it.

DSCN8516DSCN8517

3 comments:

  1. So fabulous! I've never seen one like this. The styles I've seen before are usually a plain pole lamp with a table around it and I don't like those. But this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I'm not done.....I have to say it again, your house is incredible! That painting is gorgeous! And your front door - love it! You could charge admission for a home tour. I'd pay. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We picked this up so long ago that I really didn't know how special it was at the time. I too haven't seen much to compare to it since.

    I'd give ya a tour for the low low price of nuthin' Rhan! C'mon by, anytime!

    ReplyDelete