Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Friday, October 1, 2010

Finally...whew...symmetry! The Danish Lamps and their long awaited Shades! Status: together at last.

DSCN8185

I snatched the lamps up from a Craigslist ad about 8 or 9 months ago for cheap, problem is...they had no shades.

DSCN8187DSCN8190

So like, yeah...these lamps were killing me. Just take a moment and try...TRY, I Dare you!, to find a matching set of lampshade that would go with these lamps! Yeah, they ain't no where. I spotted a set of lamps with cool shades about 275 miles south of here on the Springfield Mo. Craigslist. I just couldn't pull the trigger on THAT roadtrip. Then my buddy found a set on some "ugly" lamps at a local thrift store and he snatched them up for like $15. Dag. Well, I had a good month a while back and offered him $150...yes, One Hundred and Fifty Dollars, U.S. for those lampshades. Denied. No Sale. Can you Imagine! Dag.

Then I found a set of lamps with these shades on Craigslist here in StL. a few weeks ago for just $90! Cha Ching...Sold. I had even gone over to TFA (The Future Antiques)and Retro 101 ready to drop some bank if they happened to have a matched set. No luck there, or at any of the antique malls...or anywhere...

Like I said..."Finally!"

Oh yeah, rearranged the bed to a less dramatic angle. I kept bumping myself on my nightstand. Since I have glass tops, I had finally cut myself one too many times. Now I need a bench at the end of the bed. I have a bunch of hairpin legs, maybe I'll build something...yeah...that's gonna happen. Right after I paint those nicotine colored walls...sigh.

6 comments:

  1. I feel your pain - lampshades are tough! Those look awesome though. Just like they were meant to be. Love the Brasilia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! I love love love. Wow! Yeah, try and find that around Southern California where I live- no way!! And your headboard.....I'm dying...... I think I'm going to change my last name to Brasilia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you've inspired a post on my blog!! Can't get over the headboard and lamps!! http://rhanvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got ya linked on the side bar Rhan! -->

    I haven't been through SoCal yet, but we spent a little over a week in San Fran. this Summer and found some really great bargains while there. We hit the Laney College Flea market and I bought a Dorothy Schindele desk for $35! I also found a genuine Overman pod chair at a "junque" shop for $20. Ya just have to put a lot of time into the search and a little luck. Knowing what you are looking at helps, too. I ended up selling that desk to a couple who drove here from Louisville Ky. specifically for it! Within a couple of months that desk made it almost all the way across America.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks exactly like my lamp! I don't use an outer shade with it though, I like the look a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. illum. - I spotted your lamp on your Flickr page! I think I may have left a comment there. Spotted your ad today on C-list (with the clock), looks good! I just barely make out YOUR Brasilia in the background.

    ReplyDelete