Thursday, January 15, 2015

This Beautiful Trio Of Wheat Sheaf Hollywood Recency Living Room Tables Was An Interesting Craigslist Score. I Was Pretty Sure I Had Lost Out, Yet Here They Are! Status: Available.

DSC_0515

I can safely say that I've never been so pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from a craigslist seller as I was when I got that call from the seller of these. Usually if an ad has been pulled from the list, that's it. Sorry fella, you done missed out!

DSC_0517DSC_0518
DSC_0519DSC_0520

The seller had placed an ad on craigslist for this great set of matching Hollywood Recency

glass top tables last Monday, I think it was. I was a little slow on the draw but answered the

ad anyway. The seller didn't reply that evening, even though I had included my phone

number and mentioned that I'd be up late and that it was no bother if they wanted to call or

text late (heck, I wasn't even gonna be done with work until 2am!). So I figured that maybe

I'd get lucky and have an email waiting on me when I woke the next day.

DSC_0528DSC_0530
DSC_0525DSC_0521

I checked my email the next day and found no reply so I checked craigslist to see if the ad

was still up. Nope. The seller had pulled down the ad some time that morning. Well, that

was that. Someone else must have gotten lucky.  Meh, no big deal. Something else always

comes along, right? I wrote the set off and let it fall from my radar. So when the seller called

me later that evening, you can imagine my surprise! Was I still interested? You betcha!

DSC_0523DSC_0524
DSC_0527DSC_0529

The seller told me she had pulled down the ad because she had become overwhelmed by

the response. Of course I was unable to go right then and pick up the set since I was

already at work, but the seller was happy to hold the tables for me until the next afternoon. 

And after picking up the tables I took the opportunity to make a run through some of my

traps and see if I could score a few thrift gems. No epic scores but I found a few goodies. 

Check my Twitter feed to see that lot. Plus it was just a really pretty day. A good day for a

craigslist score!

DSC_0516

1 comment: