Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gosh, Bopfish Nabbed One...Nick (Over @ Midcentury Midwest) Nabbed One...Mr. Modtomic Was Feeling Left Out! But We All Know That Good Things come In Threes. Status: New Chair, New Chair!

DSCN2300

I was feeling a slight twinge of envy at everybody else's good luck at finding cool chairs lately 'cuz I hadn't got my random fix when, while out trolling the thrifts yesterday, I remembered to take a moment to quickly scroll through "the list".  Bam!  "Problem" solved.

DSCN2294

The seller had a phone number (thank GOD!) included in his ad and because I was browsing on

the "smart-ish" phone I was able to simply click on the number in the ad and get connected right

away.  Even though the ad was about an hour and a half old and the asking was very reasonable,

somehow this Eames style lounge chair and ottoman was still available!  I played the "smart-ish"

phone card again and asked the seller if he could text me the address instead of rattling it off to

me over the phone. 

DSCN2295DSCN2296

He did and I simply copied the text and plugged it into Google to get a map.  Unfortunately the

map that popped up immediately was the last map that I had used...and I just started driving in

that direction.  Damn.  I got most of the way there before I looked at the map again to get my

exit number from the highway.  That's when I realized that I had just drove 25 minutes in the wrong

direction.  Smart Phone?  Hmmmm...

DSCN2297

But, as you can see...it all came out in the wash. I immediately called the seller to let him know that

I made a boo boo and he was cool enough to wait another 25 minutes for me to show up. I had just

enough cash on me to buy the chair and ottoman AND get enough gas to get home...mostly because

I was just checking the traps and not out for big game. So I arrived home victorious...and broke...

and ate a bowl of Ramen Noodles for dinner!

DSCN2298DSCN2299

Ah, the spoils of victory! If anybody is interested, this will soon be available at The Green Shag

Market
- Booth 44 after some cleanup and will be priced fairly reasonably...and if you miss this

one, I think I might have another avaiable soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment